Friday, April 5, 2013

So making references to rape makes you cool?



Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it


I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it



These are the lyrics in question in Rick Ross's latest song U.O.E.N.O (what the heck does that even mean! but I digress...) Really Mr. Rozay, I mean first of all (all jokes aside) he probably WOULD have to do that inorder for a decent girl to give him the time of day BUT then again he does have a long term girlfriend who is a designer and actually isn't ratchet classless. I mean I'm not proud but I guess...  Would love to see how she feels about these lyrics. But no word yet. But Mr. Ross has come out and apologized if you want to call it that via TWITTER (because that's what you do when its a serious topic like rape right? you tweet -___-). He stated...

I dont condone rape. Apologies for the #lyric interpreted as rape. #BOSS


OH. That was you apologizing?! Interpreted? Anyone with a 3rd grade vocabulary can see what this lyric is implying Sir BOSS. Who knew that apologies needed hashtags? Come on son... (in my gangsta voice) You can do better than that. 

This is how I feel... Of course no one will go around and say, "Oh me? Yeah I definitely condone rape!" unless they are out of their minds, especially not an artist who depends on the consumers for income. That's not what the public wanted to hear from him. As women, we walk parking lots at night cautiously with fear, we go on blind dates with doubt in the back of our minds, we take a buddy system to the restroom, we accept drinks only if we see them being poured ALL BECAUSE OF RAPE! He is speaking about putting drugs that will make a woman (that he knows!) unconscious in her drink and taking her home and sleeping with her without her even knowing! I dare him to go on a college campus if he's such a #BOSS and look these girls in the face that have been date raped at a college party or even worse and tell them that THEY are the ones that interpreted it wrong. Yeah, I don't think a cowardly person like him would. 

In a recent radio interview Ross said, "I would never use the term 'rape' in my records and as far as my camp. Hip-hop don't condone that, the streets don't condone that, nobody condones that. So I just wanted to reach out to all my queens that's on my timeline, all the sexy ladies, the beautiful ladies that have been reaching out to me with the misunderstanding: We don't condone rape, and I'm not with that." 


Clearly you're not with proper English either but stil no acknowledgement that what he said was WRONG, INAPPROPRIATE, and UNACCEPTABLE. Its not him I'm worried about because I can care less about his walking cinnabon ignorant behind. He doesn't live the life he raps about he just implants it into the empty minds of our generation. I'm worried that his ratchet followers will think its cool to drug up a girl at the club and sleep with her. Whether she's a shone or a saint AIN'T NO BODY GOT TIME FOR THAT! RAPE IS STILL RAPE IF SHE IS DRUGGED UP AND NOT COHERENT! Honestly, I even want to go as far as to say if you purposely get a girl drunk just to sleep with her to me that's a form of rape. For those who think its cute, I pray you never have a daughter. Be careful what you listen to and what you condone. I know I used to be a fan of Rick Ross but no longer... 

How do you feel about this issue? Should we boycott Rick Ross or is this lyric covered under freedom of expression? Can you still listen to Rick Ross and not support his comments? 

*Remember the conversation never stops here, it begins. Have a voice, make it count.*

No comments:

Post a Comment